[Michlib-l] Are you ready to step up?

Lise Mitchell gladldirector at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:06:35 EDT 2014

Hi,

I know that summer is a busy time, but what better way to get prepared for
all the visitors coming to your library then by attending a great MLA
workshop.  Don't miss this chance to learn more about how to spot community
assets, create new advocates for the library, and how to polish your
library pitch.  If you have said you wished you had more time for advocacy
or wished you were more comfortable doing it, or even if you are an amazing
public speaker -- then this workshop is for you.  Learn how to maximize
your time and skills and get people's attention.  Come and get the skills
to really delve into your communities' strengths and how to connect them to
your library.

Get ready to talk about what amazing places our libraries and communities
are.

For some of our patrons, summer is the only time they visit us and we only
have a brief window to get them excited about the library.  And if summer
is not your busy time, then even better, you will now have the tools to
tackle the next semester of students!

Check out MLA's Library as Platform workshop on Friday, June 6!!  Early
bird registration ends May 30 -- save some dough!

http://www.milibraries.org/prof-development-networking/the-library-as-platform/
 for
the agenda and registration.

Be there or be square, lise