[Michlib-l] Donation of appreciated stock

Jessica Little cutlerlibrary at live.com
Mon Nov 3 12:46:56 EST 2014

Hi,

I need some advice about appreciated stock donations. A private citizen
is interested in possibly donating appreciated stock to our 501 (c)3
Friends of the Library group, which has never accepted donations of this
kind before and doesn't know what would be involved in accepting the
donation. Do you have any advice or can you point me in the correct
direction to find information about the steps involved and any
complications that might arise from accepting stock/securities
donations? They're a small group, usually netting between $1000 and
$2000 annually, eligible for filing a 990EZ form and a biannual rather
than annual audit.

Thank you!

Jessica Little

--