[Michlib-l] The Book House, Inc Closure

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Nov 4 15:10:05 EST 2014

All,

I wanted to share with you news regarding the upcoming closure of one of the vendors on our Michigan Statewide Book and AV Discounts list, Jonesville, Michigan based The Book House, Inc. Please see below from John Ansett, President, The Book House, Inc:
October 27, 2014

To Our Customers,

The Book House will be closing as of December 31, 2014. We will cease operations in an orderly manner that minimizes inconvenience to our customers rather than the Faxon/SWETS model.

No new orders will be accepted after Friday, October 31st. It is our intention to supply all existing orders that can be delivered before December 31, 2014. Please advise us if you would like your existing orders treated differently or if there is anything you would like us to do to facilitate your transition to new vendors.

If you have a deposit account or credit balance please provide refund instructions.

Thank you for the business you have provided us in our 52 years of operation.

I apologize for any inconvenience our closure creates for your library.

Sincerely,
John Ansett
President, Book House, Inc.

The Book House, Inc serviced mainly academic and special libraries. Inclusion of the statement

...rather than the Faxon/SWETS model...

was to me rather chilling.

Jim

Jim Flury