[Michlib-l] Sending Patrons to Collections

Bruce MacDonald bmacdona at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:34:29 EST 2014

We submit patrons to Unique Management Systems only for lost materials that
total more than $25. We bill items as lost when six weeks overdue, and
submit accounts to UMS at ten weeks. Weekly submission of accounts are
reported automatically by our ILS, and UMS shares those accounts with us
the next day for review.

Once a patron is submitted to UMS, it works the same as Dolores from Canton
described. UMS also has a "small balances" program to remind people to pay
their overdue fines down, but we've not implemented it, since the most
important thing to us is getting materials back into circulation.

 Bruce A. MacDonald
Assistant Director
Peter White Public Library
Marquette, Michigan