[Michlib-l] series from th 1980's

Kerry Fitzgerald kfitzgerald at loutitlibrary.org
Mon Oct 13 14:54:08 EDT 2014

I'm of the same vintage and I believe I read the same series of biographies
for book reports -- probably in the 4th or 5th grade. These books were
published circa the early 1960s (or maybe earlier) and featured b&w line
drawings illustrating the person's life. The covers featured the same
artwork, and the background color for each book jacket was a different
color. I remember reading the book on Eleanor Roosevelt (blue/gray, I
think) and the one on Abe Lincoln (tan). Amelia Earhart was also in the
series.

Big help, right? I poked around with keyword searches in library catalogs,
but of course these books are long gone from library shelves. No luck with
the Amazon marketplace either.

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Jennifer Hassell <
Jennifer.Hassell at farmlib.org> wrote:

>  Colleagues!
>
> I have a friend who is trying to track down an older book she read as a
> child (approx. 1983).  Here is her description:
>
> I read a book from what I believe was a series of biographies. The book I
> read was about Harry Houdini and had, I believe, brown cover. The other
> books in the series all had covers of different colors.
>
> It's a long shot but does this sound familiar to anyone?  Thanks!
>
> Jen Hassell
> Adult Services Librarian
> Farmington Community Library

Kerry FitzGerald, Assistant Director