[Michlib-l] Author Toni Buzzeo available for speaking engagements

Barbara Kriigel bkriigel at umich.edu
Wed Oct 15 11:41:58 EDT 2014

The University of Michigan-Dearborn is hosting a Young Authors' Festival on
Nov. 22, 2014. Flyers for the event and the associated writing contest are
attached.

In addition to the festival, our keynote speaker, Toni Buzzeo, will be in
the Dearborn area the week before the event.  She is available to speak at
libraries or to elementary and middle-school students.

Toni has published more than 20 children's books.  Last year Toni's book
"One Cool Friend" was named a 2013 Caldecott Honor Book.  A former Michigan
resident, elementary school librarian, and secondary teacher, Toni is an
experienced public speaker who travels nationally and internationally,
speaking as a visiting author at schools, libraries, conferences, and staff
development training sessions.

Toni is available for speaking engagements Monday, Nov. 17 through
Thursday, Nov. 20.  Her fees are $400 for a one hour library program or
$750 for a half-day workshop (2 sessions).  A list of her popular topics
and workshops can be found at her website
http://www.tonibuzzeo.com/SPEAKING_files/schoolandlibraryspeaking.pdf

If you are interested in having her come to your library or school, please
let me know and I can help make the arrangements.

Barbara Kriigel
Assoc. Director, Circulation & Technical Services
Mardigian Library
University of Michigan-Dearborn
4901 Evergreen
Dearborn, MI  48128