[Michlib-l] Last Call: Pronunciator (Potential) Discounted Pricing and Trial

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Oct 27 08:38:04 EDT 2014

All,

Please see below. I would like to have this wrapped up by the end of October. Please let me know if you need a price quote, or have any questions.

Thanks.

Jim
All,

TLN has arranged for potential discounted pricing of the Pronunciator database. I say potential on account the discount is dependent upon our getting a minimum number of libraries from each pop served class, one through six, to commit to a subscription. If we succeed in doing so the discounted pricing for Pronunciator will be quite attractive, especially for smaller libraries. For example, TLN's smallest library (I am excluding Oakland County Research Library here, which for state aid reporting purposes has a pop served of 19) is Franklin Public Library, with a pop served of 3,150. Should we meet the minimum number of class one libraries, Franklin would pay $73.00 annually for access to the Pronunciator database.

Below is a link to an August 4 Library Journal article called Library Linguistics. The article gives a description of some of the various foreign language databases that are available for purchase, including Pronunciator:

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2014/08/digital-resources/library-linguistics/

To access our Pronunciator trial:

1. Click on 'Log in' at the top of the following page: http://www.pronunciator.com

2. Enter the following credentials:

Login:
tln

Password:
tln

3. Launch the application by clicking on the red "Launch Pronunciator" button.

The same credentials work for the iPad, the iPhone/iPod touch, Android tablets, and Android phones:
www.pronunciator.com/go-mobile/

There is no hard and fast deadline by which we need to have the minimum number of libraries. Nevertheless I would like to be able to give Pronunciator an idea by no later than the end of October, if we are even going to come close to the minimums required for the discount. Even if we don't meet the minimum by then, my plan is to go back to Pronunciator and present the numbers that we do have, and see if they will extend the discounts based on those numbers.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like a (potentially discounted) price quote.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager