[Michlib-l] Time to register for the MCLS Annual Meeting - October 3, 2014

Heather Ladiski ladiskih at mcls.org
Thu Sep 4 09:30:03 EDT 2014

Excuse duplicate notifications! Please forward this information to anyone
that you feel could benefit from attending this event.

Register today to attend the MCLS Annual Meeting 2014!

When: October 3, 2014 from 10:00 am-3:30 pm (Registration starts at 9:30)

Where: McCamly Plaza Hotel in Downtown Battle Creek, Michigan (off of
I-94, just a short drive west of I-69)*

Cost: $75 for MCLS members (includes lunch/business meeting)
$219 for Non-MCLS members (includes lunch/business meeting)

Hear from colleagues leading transformation and actively participate
during our first unconference.

Our keynote speaker will be former ALA President Maureen Sullivan. Maureen
will be addressing how libraries can engage and transform their community,
whether that be their town, county, institution or campus.

Following the keynote, a panel of library leaders will respond and present
how they are working to engage their very different communities. The panel
includes:

--Emily Bunyan - Director of the Knox County Public Library in Vincennes,
Indiana
--Corey Seeman - Director of the Kresge Business Administration Library at
the University of Michigan
--Christina C. Wray - Librarian at the Center for Disability Information
and Referral within the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community at
Indiana University - Bloomington

As part of our ongoing initiative of actively listening and responding to
membership, the afternoon session of the MCLS 2014 annual meeting will be
an unconference with topics chosen by you, the membership. The overarching
theme will be on the future of midwest regional libraries and how they can
engage and transform their communities.

We need also need your feedback! Use the form located on our event page:
http://mcls.org/training-events/events/mcls-annual-meeting/ to submit an
idea for a breakout session and/or to vote on an already suggested idea.

For more information on this program, go to:
http://mcls.org/training-events/events/mcls-annual-meeting/

We hope to see you there!

Heather

********************
Heather M. Ladiski, CAP-OM
Executive Assistant/Meeting Planner
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1
Lansing, Michigan 48910-3657

800/530-9019 ext. 133
517/394-2420 ext. 133
Fax: 517/492-3885
NOTE: New email: ladiskih at mcls.org
website:  www.mcls.org

Check out the MCLS Training Calendar at:
http://www.mcls.org/training-events
Like us on Facebook for the latest MCLS news:
https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org

*Due to the amount of inter-activity that will take place during this
event, online viewing will not be available.