[Michlib-l] Photo Accounts...

Corey Seeman cseeman at umich.edu
Tue Sep 9 08:31:57 EDT 2014

Hi everyone -

While we do not have a library account with flickr, I use it extensively
for my pics (https://www.flickr.com/photos/cseeman/) including all the
cats, campus squirrels, lighthouses, libraries, dancers, etc. that you can
look at.  They have undergone a number of changes - but I think they are
pretty good right now.  The nice thing is that it is very easy to use these
pictures on other websites and, with the proper tagging, they are easy to
find.  (Here is my dog flapjack in the blue cone after his run in with a
rotweiller -
http://www.gocompare.com/covered/2014/07/serious-savings-on-second-hand-pets/
- picked up by a blogger from the UK).  Also, with all the groups that are
out there - you can connect with other users in your community or with
libraries everywhere.  Also, with the link to the Commons (
https://www.flickr.com/commons), there are great ways to share resource
from photographic archives.

It is possible that the things that you want to do with the pictures is not
very clear on how to do it.  Can you let me know if there is something that
you are trying to do and I can try to figure out if there is a way to do
that.

I have been on flickr since 2007 and contributing one photo a day to
Project365 (here are my pics -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cseeman/sets/72157605585889763/).  I think
the community aspects of flickr outweigh some of the headaches that come
with any of these web services.

So I am an advocate for sure.  Please let me know if I can help.

Best - Corey

Corey Seeman

Director, Kresge Library Services (http://www.bus.umich.edu/kresgelibrary/)
Stephen M. Ross School of Business