[Michlib-l] Banned Books Week - Highlighting Michigan libraries' activities on LM homepage

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Thu Sep 11 08:39:06 EDT 2014

Greetings,
Banned Books Week is Sept 21-27, an annual celebration of the freedom to read. The Library of Michigan would like to showcase your library's activities during this week on our homepage. Will you put up a bulletin board? Host a Read Out or virtual Read Out? Put up a display of frequently challenged books? ALA has lots of resources to jumpstart your activities. We want to hear about what you're doing!

Send information about your activity along with links and/or photos where appropriate for display on the Library of Michigan homepage to Sonya Schryer Norris at norriss2 at michigan.gov<mailto:norriss2 at michigan.gov>. I look forward to seeing what Michigan libraries are doing around this event!

More information:

You can read more about Banned Books Week here: http://www.ala.org/bbooks/banned

Ideas and resources: http://www.ala.org/bbooks/bannedbooksweek/ideasandresources.

ALA will hold a free webinar exploring issues around banned books on Wed., Sept 24 at noon. You can read more about it and reach registration information here: http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2014/09/free-banned-books-week-webinar-noon-et-sept-24

Sonya Schryer Norris

Library Consultant and Plinkit Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-373-4457
http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan
http://www.mel.org<http://www.mel.org/>