[Michlib-l] Mardi Jo Link Visits Jackson District Library for an Evening Reception and Morning Writing Workshop

Smith, Donna smithdm at myjdl.com
Wed Sep 17 09:27:29 EDT 2014

An Evening with Mardi Jo Link
Author of "Bootstrapper: from broke to badass on a northern Michigan farm"

It's the summer of 2005 and Mardi Link's dream of living the simple life has unraveled.

She and her husband have just called it quits, leaving her with serious cash flow problems and a looming divorce. More broke than ever, Link makes a seemingly impossible resolution: to hang on her century-old farmhouse in northern Michigan and continue to raise her three boys on well water, wood chopping and dirt.

To hear the rest of the story, join us for an evening with the author on Friday, September 19 at 7 p.m. at the Jackson District Library's Carnegie Branch, 244 W. Michigan Avenue, Jackson, MI. Books will be available for sale and signing. The event is from 6 - 8 pm.
["A heroic-comic saga of single motherhood, pure stubbornness and the loyalty of three young sons. And more than that, an honest account of the working poor, the people who buy day-old bread, patronize libraries and don't need your sympathy. Just a break now and then."            -GARRISON KEILLOR, host of "A Prairie Home Companion"]
Link has also written "Isadore's Secret" and "When Evil Came to Good Hart."

This program is free and open to the public. Please call Reference at 517-788-4087, ext. 1339 for more information.

The Truth of Your Life - Writing Workshop
With Mardi Jo Link

We are in the golden age of real. Everyone has a story to tell and you don't have to be a celebrity or daredevil to live an interesting, book-worthy life.

Actually, wisdom and grace are more like to be found in the truth of the ordinary. So the task is, how do we write the truth of our lives in such a way that people we've never met will want to read about us?

Join Mardi Jo Link, author of "Bootstrapper:  From broke to badass on a northern Michigan farm" to discover your story and how to share it. She will lead the workshop at the Jackson District Library Meijer Branch on Saturday, Sept. 20 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

Link has also written "Isadore's Secret" and "When Evil came to Good Hart."

This program is free but registration is required. Please call 517-788-4087, ext. 1339 for more information.

Donna

Donna Smith
Marketing Officer

[JDL Logo CMYK 300dpi small no shadow]

244 W. Michigan Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201
517-788-4099, ext. 1314
Fax: 517-788-6024
www.myjdl.com<http://www.myjdl.com/>

Inspiring our community to discover, learn and succeed!