[Michlib-l] Conference Sessions for Public Librarians--Ann Arbor 10/22-24

Gwenn Marchesano gwenn2ns at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 23:33:51 EDT 2014

We've designed this year's MAME Annual Conference to include all educators
and public librarians.

Our theme is "Connect the Dots," and we'd like to strengthen our connection
with public librarians. You’re invited to attend all three days of
informative and motivating sessions, but here are some sessions that don’t
require registering for the entire conference.

Preconferences Wednesday, October 22:

Gain new skills to help support student learning with technology, find new
programming ideas,and discover new ways to partner with school librarians.
These three hour sessions are engaging and interactive, led by leaders in
their field. Registration fees vary, some are free!

Research Made Easy With Google

-- John Sowash, Educator, Ed Tech Speaker & Google Certified Trainer

Games, Learning, Libraries: Putting It All Together

-- Eli Neiburger, Deputy Director, Ann Arbor District Library

The Greatest Book Ever: Experience the Battle

-- Nancy Shultz-Speck, High School Librarian, Garden City Public Schools

Historic Bookmaking and Using Primary Sources from the Clements Library

-- Julie Fremuth, Conservator, William Clements Library at the University
of Michigan

Sunrise Author Breakfast Friday, October 24:

You know his award-winning, engaging nonfiction and read his column in School
Library Journal. Join us to hear Marc Aronson speak on “History Is Making
Connections -- Let Me Show You.” In this talk, he’ll share his experiences
of asking historical questions and finding surprising answers. Start your
day by connecting with other librarians and teachers, enjoying a delicious
breakfast, and getting to know more about this engaging, talented author.

See additional details and register at www.mimame.org

Gwenn Marchesano
Librarian/Technology Integrationist, Pioneer Middle School, Plymouth-Canton
Comm. Schools
President-Elect/Conference Chair, Michigan Association for Media in
Education
gwenn2ns at gmail.com