[Michlib-l] Extending Due Dates

Lois Hartman lrhartman8 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 13:58:49 EDT 2015

We allow it for books or audio books, but not DVDs Lois Hartman
Watervliet District Library

     On Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:33 PM, Jaema Berman <jberman at tln.lib.mi.us> wrote:

 Dear Colleagues,

I wondered if everyone used the Special Due Date function in WorkFlows, that allows staff to create a custom due date, liberally.....except for new items or items that are not yours.

We have many patrons that travel and ask for extended due dates to avoid fines.

I'm inclined to approve it for books and audiobooks, but not for DVDs. I want our policy to reinforce the policies and procedures of the majority.

Many thanks in advance,
Jaema
--
Jaema Berman
Director

“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
Margaret Fuller
1810-1850
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon