[Michlib-l] Reminder : Michigan Reads! 2015 Author Tour and Book Announcement

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Tue Apr 28 12:13:54 EDT 2015

The survey will close this Thursday so if you do want to be considered for an author site, please respond in the next few days. Thanks!

The 2015 Michigan Reads! One State, One Children's Book program is getting started! We are proud to announce that the 2015 Michigan Reads! book will be Do Unto Otters written and illustrated by Laurie Keller. We are looking for libraries to host the author and illustrator in September and October. Please find the link to the author tour survey below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MIReads2015tour - responses due by May 1st

In the book, Mr. Rabbit's new neighbors are otters. OTTERS! But he doesn't know anything about otters. Will they be friends? Will they even get along?  Follow Mr. Rabbit as he learns how to be a good friend and neighbor by simply following the Golden Rule. You can find Do Unto Otters in BookFlix in the MeL Kids section - http://kids.mel.org/.

The publisher is Macmillan, and we are pleased to have them partnering with us on program materials. As in previous years, we will be sending a programming guide and kit to all public library locations, K-2 school buildings, Great Start Readiness and Head Start classrooms in late August and early September. Our official launch day will be announced this summer.

In the next few months, look for a completely revamped Michigan Reads! site with the new programming guide and other materials at www.michigan.gov/michiganreads<http://www.michigan.gov/michiganreads>. For now, you can find the tour request survey link at the site and brief information on the new book.

If you would like to be considered for an author visit, please let us hear back from you by May 1st so we can plan the program for the fall. Preference may be given to libraries that have not received a Michigan Reads visit in the past.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021