[Michlib-l] Growing Through Conflict: Healthy Workplace Communication webinar - Sept. 10 at 3pm EST

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Fri Aug 14 11:57:26 EDT 2015

Are you looking for training on how to handle conflict?  If so, then add this upcoming webinar from WebJunction on your calendar for September.

WebJunction has a variety of monthly live webinars as well as a large catalog of self-paced online courses available to all members of the Michigan library community, no matter your library type.  Visit www.webjunction.org<http://www.webjunction.org> to get started today.

Growing Through Conflict: Healthy Workplace Communication
Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 3 pm Eastern - 60 min
Registration: http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/growing-through-conflict.html

We are all so busy! Who has time to deal with conflicts? When conflict occurs, and we are confronted with a colleague, library patron, supervisor, or board member who is frustrated and upset, it can be tempting to identify a quick fix. However, when we do take the time to practice clear communication to uncover what people really need, we can get to better outcomes. Healthy communication involves:

*        Actions that show you are really listening

*        Communication with people who are angry or upset in a way that their needs can be addressed and resolved

*        Knowing your own emotions and needs, and effective ways to express them

Practicing healthy communication skills will boost your self-confidence and contribute to a happier workplace.

Presented by: Anna Shelton, Project Coordinator, WebJunction

Shannon D. White
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan

Nourishing Michigan's Future...during school and during the summer!  Encourage Michigan's children to Meet Up and Eat Up - and Read Up! Find the Summer Food Service Program site nearest you at:  www.michigan.gov/sfsp<http://www.michigan.gov/sfsp>