[Michlib-l] Are you considering fiber provisioning with E-Rate dollars?

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Thu Aug 20 11:27:56 EDT 2015

The Library of Michigan is reaching out to libraries who are considering taking advantage of the changes to fiber funding for last-mile provisioning that became possible with the E-Rate modernization orders. To obtain state matching dollars that can be used to leverage federal funds we will need to go to the legislature with the Department of Education with a special funding request. In order to prepare for this we need to know how many libraries are considering applying and where you are in the process. If this possibility is on your radar, please take this very short survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WNPCLRS

The questions include your contact information, a brief description of your fiber build need (e.g. "I need 30 feet of dark fiber to one of my branches"), whether you are partnering with a local school district, and roughly where you are in the process (e.g. "We are shovel-ready and will be applying for E-Rate dollars in 2016;" "We're 2-3 years out" etc.).

Those that respond to the survey and provide contact information will receive a follow-up call from me where we can discuss your situation in more detail.

This is where we're starting to line up the matching dollars so please take a moment to fill out this survey if you'll be taking advantage of the new rules surrounding funding for last mile provisioning with E-Rate dollars.

If you are interested in more information about the new rules, please see this E-Rate Fiber Build Workshop recording<https://www.fcc.gov/events/e-rate-fiber-build-workshop> held by the FCC in May.

Sonya Schryer Norris
Library Consultant
Library of Michigan

702 W. Kalamazoo St.
P.O. Box 30007
Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-4457
Fax: 517-373-5700

Check out the curated content on the LM homepage including state and national CE offerings, LM events, stats reports, headlines from around the library world and research help from LM librarians at http://mi.gov/libraryofmichigan

http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>
http://michlibrary.org<http://michlibrary.org/>

Nourishing Michigan's Future...during school and during the summer!  Consider being a sponsor or site for the Summer Food Service Program and encourage Michigan's children to Meet Up and Eat Up - and Read Up!    www.michigan.gov/sfsp<http://www.michigan.gov/sfsp>

[image004]