[Michlib-l] Michigan Reads 2015 program final report and new timeline

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Wed Dec 16 14:55:51 EST 2015

The Michigan Reads program has had a great 2015. Our 11th book was Do Unto Otters and we hosted author/illustrator Laurie Keller on a tour of Michigan schools and libraries. We appreciate all the comments and suggestions in the survey. We review those and do our best to incorporate as many as possible into the next program year.

For 2016, one big change we will be making is the program timeline. The program is moving to March for "March is Reading month." The Library will select the next book in spring 2016, develop materials in summer and fall, arrange the author visits in the fall, and then deliver the materials in winter 2017. So the next program with author tour will be March 2017 and then annually in March thereafter.

I have attached the final report for your information. Thank you for your participation and interest in the Michigan Reads program!

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021