[Michlib-l] Happy Holidays From The Michigan Activity Pass Program

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Dec 17 08:04:13 EST 2015

'Twas the week before Fishmas http://www.theoaklandpress.com/article/OP/20151215/NEWS/151219757 and in the library all about, MAP passes were hung, in hopes that patrons would check them out...

Seven months into statewide MAP Year 3, the program is an unqualified success. Thanks to all of your hard work to promote the program, the number of hits to the MAP website in the first seven months of this year's program has already exceeded last year's 12 month total by 33%. And on the pass checkout side, the percentage increase is even better, as in much, much, better. How does a 164% increase in the first seven months of this year's program sound, vs last year's 12 month total???

Did you know that nearly all of our DNR partner venues are open all year? With the exception of a couple of campgrounds and state parks, the total number of which I could count on one hand, the DNR sites remain open regardless of the weather. Don't forget to encourage your patrons to get outside with a MAP pass and enjoy!

We've made mention previously that we are always on the lookout for new opportunities to take MAP to the next level. We are currently in discussion with our MAP sponsors for a potential project that, if it comes to fruition, would serve to do exactly that for MAP in Summer, 2016. I'm not quite ready to reveal specifics at this point, but I encourage you to keep your eyes and ears open. You don't want to be "sleeping" when we (hopefully) roll out the next big thing for MAP next year.

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager
The Library Network