[Michlib-l] Graphic Novel Collection Development, MLA Idea

Kristin Lalonde klalonde at crdl.org
Fri Feb 6 12:10:12 EST 2015

Hello all, I have an idea that I'd like to throw out there for a possible MLA Annual proposal. Are there any selectors from small to mid-sized libraries interested in having a roundtable discussion about how they do collection development for Adult Graphic Novels? With emphasis on keeping track of all of the various Superhero books with their crossovers, reboots, and whatnot? I thought we could talk about our different strategies, particularly if we aren't just putting them all on standing order.

ADDITIONALLY: Are there any catalogers out there who would like a different roundtable discussion at MLA Annual about cataloging strategies for Superhero books?

If you're interested, get at me! Thanks!!!

Kristin LaLonde
Access Services Librarian
Chippewa River District Library
Ph: 989-773-3242 ex. 20