[Michlib-l] great program! possibly for Money Smart Week

Cathleen A Russ C.Russ at troymi.gov
Tue Feb 17 18:14:24 EST 2015

Hello!

If any of you want to highlight Money Smart Week, April 18-25, I highly recommend Colin Ryan, the financial literacy comedian.

I know those terms don't usually go together, but he was GREAT!!!! We had him last week to wrap up our grant program, and we had 60 people, parents and teens/tweens, who had a great time. Excellent evaluations.

Colin talks about the importance of saving money so you can reach your goals, and how you can make a difference in the world, all with humor and a great slide presentation.

If you are interested, his contact information is:

Colin Ryan

http://www.colinryanspeaks.com/

phone: 802.468.7565

e: colinryanspeaks at gmail.com<mailto:colinryanspeaks at gmail.com>

We paid for the program with grant funds, but he was well worth it and I'd have him again for sure.  He is very interested in working with libraries in order to reach a larger audience, and would probably give a discount if a group of libraries in the area all had programs at the same time.

Hope all of you are doing well and staying warm!

Cathy

Cathleen Russ | Library Director
Troy Public Library |510 W. Big Beaver, Troy, MI 48084  | Office: 248.524.3544  |troypl.org <http://www.troypl.org/>   [cid:image010.jpg at 01CF8BD8.30248410] <https://www.facebook.com/troylib>   [cid:image011.jpg at 01CF8BD8.30248410] <https://twitter.com/troylib>