[Michlib-l] FW: HeritageQuest Online - Michigan

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Fri Feb 20 12:48:41 EST 2015

HeritageQuest Online in MeL is getting a new interface, functionality and content!  Please see below for more information as well as the attached.  Free webinar training a LibGuide is also available. Please share widely with your colleagues and patrons!

Kind regards,
Deb

D. B. Thomas, MA AMLS
MeL & Library Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan
Visit MeL at: http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> and on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/mel.org
The Library of Michigan is pleased to share a new video series highlighting Michigan libraries and how they are making a difference in their communities.  To experience Michigan libraries in a new light, visit http://brightside.cedam.info/ and watch the 21st Century Libraries episode.

New HeritageQuest(r) Online, powered by Ancestry, coming March 4

We have some exciting news! On March 4th your HeritageQuest Online will be transitioning to a new interface, powered by Ancestry.

The new interface will provide users with an enhanced, more efficient search experience. Additionally, the transition will result in several new content enhancements that we think you will like!
Summary of key changes
Access: The conversion to the new version will be
automatic. No changes will need to be made by
libraries.
Authentication: All existing authentication
methods will remain in place and intact, including
static IP address, referring URL, barcode, and
embedded username and password.
Browser Requirements: HeritageQuest Online
will be optimized to perform best on current
versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple
Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or newer (we recommend IE 11+).

Here's a link to our Training schedule for online classes:

https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/mw0401lsp12/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=proquestmeetings&service=6

Visit the ProQuest Genealogy LibGuide group to access database information, support materials, videos and more: http://proquest.libguides.com/genealogy

You don't have to do a thing! Just sit back and enjoy!

If you have questions or if you would like to schedule private training for your group just email us at training at proquest.com<mailto:training at proquest.com>

Feel free to forward this email to the appropriate person in your institution.

Thank you for being a HeritageQuest Online customer!

Your ProQuest Trainer,

Sarah Palmer, Customer Experience Team Lead
Central Region
ProQuest | 773-516-4167
www.proquest.com<http://www.proquest.com/>
sarah.palmer at proquest.com<mailto:sarah.palmer at proquest.com>