[Michlib-l] Covering paperbacks and Accounting

Galesburg Charleston Memorial District Library galesburglibrary at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:54:34 EST 2015

Hello, all.

What do you all use for covering your paperbacks? The
 staff at my new library is using packing tape! I'm not sure what is the
 best type of film to use, or where is the cheapest place to purchase.

On
 the accounting front... we recently became a district library and are
in the process of getting all of our finances set up. I was told several
 years ago that we should use the uniform chart of accounts from the
state when doing our budgets and accounting. Is this a requirement for
us as a "government entity?"  If it isn't, what system do you use? If it
 is, or even if it isn't but you use it anyway, would you be willing to
share your budget (minus the amounts) with me so that I can copy it?

Thanks in advance for your answers! If you can reply to me off-list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Helena

Helena Hayes, Director
Galesburg Charleston Memorial District Library