[Michlib-l] District Library Examples Class 4 Library and Smaller, PLEASE!

Miriam Andrus mandrus at bigrapids.lib.mi.us
Wed Jan 14 09:47:41 EST 2015

Hello Everyone, If you are larger than a class 4 library you can disregard this e-mail.

For everyone else, we have been trying to form a district library using school district boundaries for some time now. This has been met with much opposition from certain township supervisors and now that that law has sunset we are trying a different approach. The Big Rapids Community Library is going to try to make a district library between individual townships and the city. As our city attorney is doing the work on the agreements he is trolling for examples of libraries that are similar to our own.

I am looking for sample agreements from any district library that has at least one city and one township as members or parties, and is located in a county with a population under 75,000.  Preferably if I could have sample agreements that were adopted or formed after the year 2000, and maybe a couple that were formed within the last five years I would greatly appreciate it.

                I know that several libraries recently created districts, if you are one of those libraries and have a city and township involved in your agreement, I would greatly appreciate a copy or sample of your new agreement.
Thank you in advance for any help!

Miriam Andrus, Director
Big Rapids Community Library
426 S. Michigan Ave.