[Michlib-l] eBooks on SIRS Discoverer and More!

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Tue Jan 20 17:23:10 EST 2015

Hi All-well, yes indeed-there are now non-fiction ebooks available in SIRS Discoverer in MeL:  http://www.galesupport.com/migeoipcheck/migeoipcheck-proq.php?database=SIRSDISC

When you've connected, just look in the "Database Features" box and you'll see the link.  Categories covered include:  Animals, Arts & Humanities, Biographies, Curriculum Activities, Environment, Health & Human Body, History & Government, Science, Sports, and Technology.  All ebooks are Lexile scored.

But wait!  There's more!  SIRS Discoverer also has Pro/Con Leading Issues covering a wide variety of topics and Animal Facts (including photos). These are also accessed in the "Database Features" box.

Let me know if there's interest in setting up a webinar with our ProQuest trainer to go over these new features and this amazingly useful resource in general!

Kind regards,
Deb

Deb Biggs Thomas, MA AMLS
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI  48909
Phone:  517-373-4466
Visit MeL at:  http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> and on Facebook at:  http://facebook.com/mel.org
The Library of Michigan is pleased to share a new video series highlighting Michigan libraries and how they are making a difference in their communities.  To experience Michigan libraries in a new light, visit http://brightside.cedam.info/ and watch the 21st Century Libraries episode.