[Michlib-l] Internet neutrality petition?

Lois Keel lois-sez at lois-sez.com
Sat Jan 24 15:43:09 EST 2015

I hope people don't mind my sending this to the list.  Library users of
internet services (to say nothing of library budgets) would be horribly
affected if Net Neutrality is blocked.  I just took action once again to
try and keep the FCC chairman from ignoring public outcry from all but
the big money pushing for subscriptions to faster access.  He came to
his position after being a lobbyist for them, but even the president who
appointed him is talking up Net Neutrality.  With all the effort to show
support for Net Neutrality, perhaps it would be reasonable to urge
library users of internet services to sign an online petition to the
Federal Communications Commission to protect our access to fast and
affordable Internet service.

If you think so, too, it's:
<http://act.credoaction.com/sign/fcc_municipal_broadband?sp_ref=96781337.4.11284.e.43994.2&referring_akid=.4455419.fpd8U3&source=mailto_sp>
.

--
Lois Sprengnether Keel
Website:<http://www.LoiS-sez.com>,

* Storyteller in MI Arts and Humanities Directory
* In Historical Society of Michigan Directory
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/resources/storytellers-
speakers-musicians/storyteller-
lois-sprengnether-keel/>
* State Liaison for National Storytelling Network
* Webmaster for<http://www.MichiganStorytelling.org>