[Michlib-l] Senior backpack programs

Michelle Moore moore at missaukeelibrary.org
Mon Jul 13 13:37:23 EDT 2015

We recently received a grant from the local Community Foundation to prepare Senior Citizen Outreach Backpacks.  We ordered sturdy, zippered tote bags which contain 3 Large Print Selections (some bags are all Inspirational or all Westerns, but most are just a variety of General Fiction and nonfiction, including Biographies), as well as a full page Magnifier Sheet, Large Print Puzzle Book, pad of paper and pen from Commission on Aging, and literature from local organizations that would benefit seniors.

We deliver them to the patron and they keep it one month (or longer, no late fees).  It is fairly new and we are preparing a survey to add so we can gauge the usefulness and get input for growth.  Feel free to contact me if anyone has questions.  Happy Monday!  Michelle :)

Michelle Moore
Library Director
Ardis Missaukee District Library
210 S. Canal #340
Lake City, MI  49651
231-839-2166
moore at missaukeelibrary.org<mailto:moore at missaukeelibrary.org>
www.missaukeelibrary.org<http://www.missaukeelibrary.org/>

“No man can be called friendless when he has God and the companionship of good books.”  Elizabeth Barrett Browning