[Michlib-l] Anyone ever use OCI - digitizing yearbooks

Galesburg Charleston Memorial District Library galesburglibrary at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:21:30 EDT 2015

Howdy -

I got a call (and an email) today from someone at OCI - Oklahoma Correctional Industries - about something called the Yearbook Project. Apparently they will scan our collection of high school yearbooks and give us a copy of them on disc... for no cost.  Since it sounds too good to be true, I want to see if anyone has any experience with them / their products.  I think that it is a legitimate operation, but I'm curious about quality - and getting materials back.

Any information that you care to share would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Helena

P.S. - Their web site... https://www.ocisales.com/ContentDisplay.aspx?CI=Non-Destructive%20Scanning%20Services

Helena Hayes, MLIS, Director
Galesburg Charleston Memorial District Library
188 E. Michigan Ave.
Galesburg, MI 49053

269-665-7839 (phone)
269-665-7788 (fax)