[Michlib-l] It's Raffle Time: Three Time Emmy Award Winner, Under the Radar Michigan!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Jun 15 08:11:42 EDT 2015

All,

Many of you (and your patrons, too) enjoy the Emmy Award winning (yes, UTR just won its THIRD Emmy) television show Under the Radar Michigan. The discounted UTR book and dvd purchase order opportunity was extremely well received by Michigan libraries. Tom Daldin and Jim Edelman are great friends of Michigan libraries, and if you have a chance to attend the MLA fall conference you can meet Tom and Jim, who will be the keynote speakers at the Thursday, October 29 luncheon: http://www.milibraries.org/prof-development-networking/annual-conference/featured-speakers/

In keeping with all of the above, I am very pleased to announce that Tom and Jim of UTR have generously agreed to donate their time to present their program at a total of SIX Michigan public libraries over the course of 15 months, beginning in September, 2015 and concluding in November, 2016. How well received is their program in a public library? Here is what the director of one TLN member library had to say:

"We hosted the Under the Radar guys and it was fabulous. Tom Daldin and Jim Edelman from UTR accomplished something that doesn't happen often: they made us laugh over and over * and * reminded us how great Michiganders are. UTR isn't about "the best of the best" it's about the unique towns, festivals and travel opportunities there are in our state. It really boils down to the people behind these destinations. The coolest thing is that Tom and Jim are a Michigan success story themselves. They both found themselves out of work during the recession. They knew each other as fellow media professionals, so they put their heads together and started pitching ideas to PBS. Their book sales were brisk (we're hoping there can be a group discounted buy, maybe, for public libraries in Michigan?). At least four of our guests (full-house) said it was the best program they'd ever attended! Don't you want to have them, too?"

Yes, you do. And six of you can. We promised you a raffle, and now it's UTR RAFFLE TIME! We have grouped Michigan public libraries into six geographic regions. One winning library will be chosen from each of the six geographic regions. Each of the six winning libraries will then work with Tom and Jim to come up with a date for a program that mutually works for both parties. Program slots are September and early November, 2015; February, 2016; May, 2016; July, 2016; early November, 2016. The drawing will be held at The Library Network on Monday, July 13. You need not be present to win :) If you would like to enter our Under the Radar Michigan raffle to have a chance to have Tom Daldin and Jim Edelman present a program at your library, please reply to this email by no later than Sunday, July 12.

Good luck!

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager