[Michlib-l] Back to the future with Rare Book Cataloging

Suzanne Robinson RobinsonS at mcls.org
Thu Mar 5 14:06:06 EST 2015

Don't leave those rare gems languishing on a shelf in the back room! Bring
them out for present and future use by learning how to create records for
rare books that conform to current and upcoming best practices.

Whether for research or in the classroom, rare books are being used in an
ever increasing variety of ways. To facilitate these many uses, and as we
transition to a cataloging environment more closely tied to the web, it is
more important than ever to provide the right information and to structure
this information as richly as possible.

This introduction to creating original and copy cataloging records for
rare books will provide you with the necessary foundation to do just that.

The deadline to register for this three-day online webinar is March 10.
Sign up now while seats are still available.
https://www.mcls.org/training-events/training-events-list/training-event/?ref_cID=198&bID=0&dd_asId=1039

Please email training at mcls.org with any questions.

Thanks,
Suzanne
Part time Hours:
Tuesday and Thursday 9a - 3p, with slight variations
I check email regularly -- best way to reach me.
Suzanne Robinson, AMLS
Continuing Education Librarian
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen St., Suite 1
Lansing, MI 48910          800-530-9019 ext 134