[Michlib-l] Free U-M Maker Workshops! (3/28 for librarians & other informal educators of K-8 students; 4/18 & 4/25 for K-8 school-based educators)

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Sun Mar 8 16:07:05 EDT 2015

Please help us spread the word!

Thanks to funding from the U-M Third Century Initiative and the UMSI
Founders Fund, Michigan Makers is hosting two *free *Making Maker Learners
conferences for those who work with K-8 students in formal or informal
settings. Join us for a conversation about how we can harness learners'
curiosity and help them program, tinker, construct, engineer, sew, and make
their own creations. There will be time for discussion, hands-on
experimentation, and even giveaways.

Those who work with K-8 students in *informal learning settings* (e.g.,
libraries, community centers, and after school programs) should register
for the Saturday,March 28 session.

Those who work with K-8 students in f*ormal classroom settings* should
register for the Saturday sessions on April 18 and 25, because they include
a focus on assessment of maker learning. Thanks to our colleagues in the
U-M School of Educaction, SCECH credits are available and free!

(As Michigan Makers does not work with high school students, these
workshops are not well-suited to those who work with high schoolers.)

For more details and to register, please visit:
*https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/making-makers/
<https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/making-makers/>*

For questions, please email conference coordinator Sandy Ng at
*makingmakers at umich.edu
<makingmakers at umich.edu>.*

Best,
Kristin