[Michlib-l] Childrens computer

Donna Winter dwinter at livonia.lib.mi.us
Tue Mar 17 11:06:46 EDT 2015

We bought 3 awes about a year and a half ago and an awe tablet for our branches.

The kids and parents LOVE them. They are easy to set up and maintain. The only problems I've had are 1 dead mouse and 1 dead keyboard. They were replaced free of charge with no hassle. The tablet had a bit of a learning curve since it's not on an i-pad platform. People have adjusted and it's used regularly too. We bought the gorilla glass case for it, but staff removed it because it's hard to see the side buttons for volume, on/off, etc.

Donna Winter, Automation Services Librarian
Livonia Civic Center Library
32777 Five Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48154
ph: 734-466-2675