[Michlib-l] Meeting Room Rental Policies

Darlene Hellenberg darlene at ferndalepubliclibrary.org
Mon Mar 23 13:33:22 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

We're working on updating our meeting room policy in the hopes of smoothing
the edges and making it easy to interpret for staff and the community. I
have a few questions that hopefully you'll be able to help us with:

1. One of the lines in our policy states: "All meetings shall be open to
the public". Is this a rule you apply to your room rentals, and do you know
if there's a law requiring this of meeting rooms in public buildings?

2. If you've had success in smoothing out your meeting room policy, we'd
love to hear what you changed that made things easier for staff and/or the
community?

3. Finally, if you have a policy for your meeting room that you know works
really well, will you share it with us?

Thank you so much,
--
Darlene Hellenberg