[Michlib-l] Help Break a World Record! (Please share!)

Shauna Swantek putnamlibrary.director at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 10:45:17 EDT 2015

Libraryland:
Please see the attached poster for information about Nashville, Michigan's Longest Ice Cream Sundae event on Saturday . . . and share it widely . . . as widely as you have powers to share!  (Formal press release also attached.)

Our little village will break the world record for the Longest Ice Cream Sundae on Saturday . . . and will have ice cream to feed over 7,000 people!  I need your help to get people here to eat it!  (The library is assisting with be media campaign associated with the event; it only made sense to share with all of you!)
Set up starts at 11.  Spoons dig in at noon!Come early for breakfast or to park!
Shuttle locations & presale spoon sale locations are listed on the attached .pdf.
Hastings City Bank has spoons at most branches.  Presale spoons are $1; day of spoons are $2.
Visit the Nashville Route 66 Business District on Facebook for more information.  Continuous updates can be found here:  https://www.facebook.com/nashvilleroute66bd
The event link is:  https://www.facebook.com/events/944669538899053/
Once you have your spoon, take a picture of you and your spoon...post on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtags #gotspoon and #nashvillemi.  Be sure your post is set to public.  We will choose an ice cream King and Queen from submissions!
This event is the first in a series of Love Where You Live Events supported by the Barry Community Foundation.
Of interest?Putnam District Library will be open 10-2 (with a closure from 11:30-12:30 for ice cream eating).  Come visit us and be part of a world record in the same day! Shauna Lea Swantek, Director
Putnam District Library
Honoring the Past, Serving Today, Preparing For Tomorrowwww.putnamlib.org 327 North Main Street PO Box 920 Nashville, MI 49073-9578 Phone & Fax: (517)852-9723