[Michlib-l] New, Expanded MAP Is Nearly Ready: Are YOU Ready for New, Expanded MAP???

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue May 19 09:18:00 EDT 2015

All,

As I'm sure you are aware by now, the new and improved and much expanded edition of the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) program, including the addition of 230+ state parks, recreation areas, forest campgrounds and historic sites, will go live this Sunday, May 24, 2015. Are you ready? Have you been getting calls and emails from patrons asking how to reserve a pass to Sleepy Hollow State Park? We have! Are you aware that the brand new MAP press release

http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/Files/MAP_Press_Release_by_BlueCrossBlueShield_May_2015.pdf

appeared in newspapers from Monroe to Midland to Marquette (and Iron Mountain), and in San Antonio, San Francisco and Seattle too? Are you aware that every public library in Michigan has been auto-enrolled in MAP, and that when new MAP goes live on May 24, we will have approximately one partner venue for every day of the year, including Leap Year, or about 366 in all? Are you aware that MAP kick-off events, with guests including state senators and representatives, were held at Alpena County Library and the Michigan Historical Museum, with more to come? Are you aware that the hugely popular MAP booklet is available for your library to print, at

http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/Files/MAP%20Brochure.pdf

Are you aware that MAP posters and bookmarks, in addition to the press release and booklet, are available at

http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/

Yes, there is a lot to be aware of, but more importantly much more to be excited about, concerning the Michigan Activity Pass program. We have tried to make things as easy as possible for you and your patrons, including the addition of a brand new "Detailed Help" link on the new MAP website that will debut on May 24. Also, for the first time patrons will have the ability to SEARCH the new MAP website for specific subject destinations that interest them, such as camping, children's activities, etc.

Are you ready for new MAP, which includes all of the destinations from the former Park and Read program? Based on the number of telephone and email inquiries we have been getting, we know your patrons are ready!

Are you ready???!!!

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager