[Michlib-l] implementation of "find the [ ] in the library" promotion

Jennifer Dye jdye at detroitpubliclibrary.org
Mon Nov 2 14:36:55 EST 2015

I was recently moved to a children's librarian role, so don't have a lot of training or resources to fall back on.

I have seen something, possibly on michlib-l, about posting a sign for kids to find a designated item in the library (usually a stuffed animal), and reporting it for a prize. Have not been able to find such a thing in the archives or elsewhere online. A nearby public library had such a sign about a month ago, but I didn't follow up that day, and no one in the children's department knew anything about it when I asked two weeks later.

There are a few guesses I could make about implementation, but I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has tried this activity, or a similar one. How do the kids report? Do they describe the location? Do they draw a picture? It seemed straightforward, but when I thought I was ready to start it, I came up with more questions that firm ideas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jennifer

Jennifer Dye
Assistant Manager