[Michlib-l] Combating "Dark Store" Rulings in Michigan

Steven K. Bowers sbowers at wayne.edu
Tue Nov 3 10:03:51 EST 2015

Please sign the petition Combat "Dark Store" Tax Rulings, Support HB 4909 and SB 524. With your help, we can reach 2,000 signers. But if we are going to have an impact, it's critical that we get 5,000 signatures before we deliver the petition to Senator Jack Brandenburg, Chair, Senate Finance Committee and Representative Jeff Farrington, Chair, House Tax Policy Committee.
The entire State of Michigan is being drained, county by county. The result of the dark stores rulings reduces the stores' taxable value by 50% or more. This takes away local control of funding. Key services to citizens are being severely impacted: libraries, fire protection, search and rescue, sheriff/police services, roads, veterans, recreational, public transit, schools and seniors. It affects local budgets across the board.

Our communities AND LIBRARIES are suffering and we need to convince Senate and House tax committee members to support all Michigan communities through solid tax legislation and updated Tax Tribunal policies. Our Upper Peninsula district legislators have been working on this problem since 2011-12, but previous legislation never got out of committee. Please don't let that happen to this new legislation. Can your municipalities afford it?

With your help, we can reach our goal! Can you please share this link with five of your friends and relatives right now!!! http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/combat-dark-store-tax-3?mailing_id=31738&source=s.icn.em.cr&r_by=4988516.

Would you also contact your MI State Senator and Legislator <http://closemichiganloopholes.org/2015/10/contact-key-legislators/> to tell them you support 'Dark Store' legislation. If you have friends and relatives downstate, let them know they can influence/inform their legislators, too.

For more information on this issue go to our Marquette County Citizens for Fair Share media sites:  LIKE us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Marquette-County-Citizens-for-Fair-Share-1618047975079036/?ref=bookmarks>  AND visit our Website<http://mqtfairshare.org/> for information and resources.

Thank you for taking a stand on and sharing information about this issue.

Marquette County Citizens for Fair Share
Marquette, MI 49855