[Michlib-l] Study Help

Cathleen A Russ C.Russ at troymi.gov
Fri Nov 6 13:11:01 EST 2015

"Hi all!

Please excuse cross-postings!

I wrote this survey as a result of the IMLS Focus 2015: The National Digital Platform in April.  The discussion centered around whether Library, Information Science, Archival and Museum (LAM) programs were adequately preparing students for the workplace.

I have created a survey of employers to better examine this question.  This can definitely lead to further research but I wanted to move the discussion along.

If you can please forward this widely to any list that you participate on in the field, that would be great.  Any one who hires graduates of LAM would be a candidate to take the survey.

I promise that it is quick (less than 10 minutes) and you do not have to research any statistics from your institution.  If you hire, you will know the answers to the questions.

The survey is due December 3, 2015

Please contact me with any questions.  I plan to share the information but it depends on you to respond.  I need some significant numbers here in order to see the trends.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R2YWGRX

Best,

Kim Schroeder
Coordinator, Archival Program
Lecturer and Career Advisor
Wayne State University
Faculty Advisor for National Digital Stewardship Alliance
http://wsustudentndsa.wordpress.com/
@archivekim
ag1797 at wayne.edu<mailto:ag1797 at wayne.edu>
[https://outlook.office.com/owa/?realm=wayne.edu#path=/mail/inbox]313 577-9783