[Michlib-l] Summer Food Service Program Invitation - Hold the Date

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Mon Nov 30 11:26:27 EST 2015

For anyone that would like more information on the Summer Food program and would like to participate in a discussion about the program for 2016, you can attend the Summer Food program meeting on Jan. 26th here in Lansing. Please see the invitation and attached document below.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021
reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>

Subject: Hold the Date - Summer Food Service Program Invitation

HOLD THE DATE!!

As many of you know, Michigan has been selected as a Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) Target State for Fiscal Year 2015-2016.  USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) is partnering with other national organizations to assist Michigan in improving access to the USDA SFSP.  The FNS team will continue to work with MDE and our partner organizations around the state to increase participation of eligible children, publicize best practices, and assist sponsors in overcoming program challenges.  Your organization is invited to join us for a special forum on Tuesday, January 26, 2016.
Please feel free to pass this invitation on to other partners that you feel can assist our efforts at the state level.  More information to follow.

Marla J. Moss, Director
Office of School Support Services
Phone - 517-373-2313
Mossm1 at michigan.gov<mailto:Mossm1 at michigan.gov>

Customer Service is a priority at the Michigan Department of Education - helping Michigan schools, families, and communities improve the achievement and well-being of ALL our children.