[Michlib-l] MeL Minute - Help, Training & Events

Borrelli, Eunice (MDE) BorrelliE at michigan.gov
Thu Oct 15 15:37:05 EDT 2015

Hello all,

If everything is running smoothly we all tend to take easy access to the MeL databases for granted.  But, when all of a sudden you can't connect to a resource or some features don't seem to work, the first thought may be, who do I contact for help?  If you've tried everything you know how to do, you've restarted your computer, checked your connections, and your tech person/staff can't figure it out, it's time to contact Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)<http://mcls.org/> for their expert assistance.  Their MeL Databases help page http://mcls.org/mel/mel-databases/help/ offers help on a variety of topics as well as the email address and phone number for reporting problems.  Sending an email to meldatabaseshelp at mcls.org<mailto:meldatabaseshelp at mcls.org> starts the process of resolving the problem you or your patrons may be experiencing.   MCLS works promptly to resolve issues, contacts vendors as appropriate, and notifies the library community via the library listservs if the reported problem is system-wide and not just local.  Database problems don't occur often but when they do, we want you to know how to get help.  The FAQ, Help page, and email address and phone number are intended for library staff.  Library patrons should be advised to contact their home library for help.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for next week's MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org> or visit mel.org<http://mel.org/>.  We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your public service colleagues.
Registration<http://mcls.org/training-events/training-events-list/training-event/?ref_cID=198&bID=0&dd_asId=1856> is now open for the next MCLS MeL Databases Training webinar to be presented October 28, 2015 at 9:30am.  MeL Genealogy Resources is the topic of this free event.
Eunice
Eunice C. Borrelli
Michigan eLibrary Internet Librarian, Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
702 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-241-4996    Toll Free: 877-479-0021     Fax: 517-373-5700

 <https://twitter.com/meldotorg>    <http://mel.org/>    <https://www.facebook.com/mel.org>
 Customer Service is a priority at the Michigan Department of Education - helping Michigan schools, families, and communities improve the achievement and well-being of ALL our children.