[Michlib-l] UM-Dearborn Young Authors' Festival for Grades 3-5

Barbara Kriigel bkriigel at umich.edu
Thu Oct 29 12:29:35 EDT 2015

Young Authors' Festival Nov. 14; Meet Michigan author Gary Schmidt
[image: Young Authors' Festival Nov. 14; Meet Michigan author Gary Schmidt]

*3rd Annual Festival *
*Young Authors' Festival, Saturday, November 14, 2015 *

Everyone is invited to attend the Young Authors' Festival on Saturday, Nov.
14, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the University of
Michigan-Dearborn Mardigian Library.
Gary Schmidt, Michigan author and two-time Newbery Honor recipient, is the
special guest speaker. The event also includes *fun breakout sessions for
children* to develop their writing skills and for adults to learn tips for
supporting their children's literacy development.
The Festival is *FREE* and open to the public. Registration
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/n6vwf/b5m7ke/jb1kwb> is highly encouraged to
ensure give-aways for children, food, and seating.

For more details and registration, see the event's website:
http://library.umd.umich.edu/events/YAF/
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/n6vwf/b5m7ke/z31kwb>

Directions to the campus are at: http://umdearborn.edu/maps_directions/
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/n6vwf/b5m7ke/fw2kwb>

FREE EVENT ON NOV. 14
Gary Schmidt
2015 Guest Speaker
Orbiting Jupiter
Just published!
Oct. 2015

*Support Children's Writing *
Encourage children to creatively express themselves through their writing.
Reading and writing are critical literacy skills for children to develop,
especially in the primary grades. Our 3rd annual Young Authors' Festival
provides an opportunity for children to develop their creative writing
skills and for parents to learn tips and techniques for supporting
children's writing.
Please take this opportunity to support children's literacy!
*Writing Contest Winners!*
Students who won awards in this year's writing contest are invited to read
their entries at the festival. This year's theme was "Celebrating Our
Differences." As students wrote a poem, narrative, or expository piece,
some concepts they might have considered were: What makes you unique or
different? How do differences change things for the better? How is the
world a better place due to our differences? What would the world be like
if we were all the same?
Please join us in recognizing the writing achievements of students in
grades three, four, and five!
*Questions???*

E-mail Barbara Kriigel at bkriigel at umich.edu or call her at 313-593-5614.

*Sponsored by:*
University of Michigan-Dearborn | http://umdearborn.edu
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/n6vwf/b5m7ke/vo3kwb>
*Share this email:* <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/e/n6vwf/b5m7ke>
<https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/t/n6vwf/b5m7ke>
<https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/f/n6vwf/b5m7ke>
<https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/l/n6vwf/b5m7ke> *Manage*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/47106/27997/260217181/?v=a> your
preferences | *Opt out*
<https://t.e2ma.net/optout/n6vwf/b5m7ke?r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzQ3MTA2LzI3OTk3LzI2MDIxNzE4MS8_dj1h>
using *TrueRemove*™
Got this as a forward? *Sign up*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/47106/27997.9452893/?v=a> to
receive our future emails.
View this email *online* <https://t.e2ma.net/message/n6vwf/b5m7ke>. 4901
Evergreen Road Alfred Berkowitz Gallery, Mardigian Library
Dearborn, MI | 48128 US <#150aaee388abe143_> This email was sent to
bkriigel at umich.edu.
*To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.*
<http://bkriigel@umich.edu>