[Michlib-l] Funds available for Cont. Ed. - Harwood, PLA, ALA, MLA

Donna Olson dolson at ssldl.info
Tue Sep 15 10:13:27 EDT 2015

Hi Doreen,

Would it be alright if I applied for the LibMich Continuing Education
Stipend to attend the Harwood/ALA Public Innovators Lab for Libraries in
Detroit October 14-16, 2015?  Don't know if I would get it. I would love to
attend but it is pricy.

http://www.cvent.com/events/the-harwood-ala-public-innovators-lab-for-libraries/event-summary-ccaa319151c541a7b81cc9ec75579d23.aspx

Thanks,
Donna

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:09 PM, White, Shannon (MDE) <WhiteS29 at michigan.gov>
wrote:

> Are you not sure where you would go if you could travel for professional
> development?
>

> ·         Were you interested in attending the Harwood Public Innovator
> Lab this October in Detroit?
>
> ·         Is the Public Library Association (PLA) Annual Conference been
> a dream destination for your personal job growth agenda?
>
> ·         Have you been to the Association of Small and Rural Libraries
> (ARSL) before?
>
> ·         Do you know about Brick & Click Academic Libraries Conference?
>
> ·         Is there an online class you would like to attend that you
> thought may be out of your price range?
>

> If you have not been able to round up funding to attend a conference now
> is the time to check out the new Library Continuing Education Program from
> the Library of Michigan. We have funds available for you to develop, learn
> and move ahead in your career. Visit the web page here to review the
> program criteria
> http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_63014-359559--,00.html
>

> We will be granting our first round of funds the first week of October.
> Normally we want a bit of lead time but we know the Harwood Lab is
> mid-month and will accept applications for that event this quarter as
> well.  Or you may be thinking ahead to PLA, ALA
>

> Don’t overlook your chance to apply for $200-$1,500 stipend to get you
> where you need to go. This program is available to full-time library staff,
> including paraprofessionals.
>

> Let us know if you have questions and don’t forget to apply!
>

> Shannon
>

> --------------------------------
>
> Shannon White
> Library of Michigan