[Michlib-l] It's Author Season at Kalamazoo Public Library!

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Wed Sep 16 13:27:49 EDT 2015

Hunting for a good read? This fall, Kalamazoo Public Library is bringing an unprecedented number of award-winning authors to Kalamazoo!

Opening Author Season at KPL is Newbery Medal winner Katherine Applegate<http://www.kpl.gov/authors/katherine-applegate.aspx>! Applegate will be hosting a release event for her upcoming novel, Crenshaw. Applegate's many books include her award-winning The One and Only Ivan, the Roscoe Riley Ruleschapter book series, the picture book The Buffalo Storm, and the award-winning novel Home of the Brave. With her husband, Michael Grant, she wrote the hugely popular series, Animoprhs, which has sold more than 35 million copies worldwide. This event is co-sponsored by Bookbug<http://www.bookbugkalamazoo.com/>.

Join us on Tuesday, September 22, 7 pm at Central Library<http://www.kpl.gov/central/>. Seating is limited and free tickets are now available at Central Library.
In keeping with an important theme of Crenshaw, this event will also be a food drive, benefitting Loaves & Fishes. Attendees are encouraged to bring nonperishable food donations.

Want more? Mark your calendar for...

  *   October 1, 5:00 pm, Powell Branch Library: Greg Neri<http://www.kpl.gov/authors/greg-neri.aspx>
  *   October 7, 7:00 pm, Central Library: Emily St. John Mandel<http://www.kpl.gov/authors/emily-st-john-mandel.aspx>
  *   October 15, 7:00 pm, Central Library: Bonnie Jo Campbell<http://www.kpl.gov/authors/bonnie-jo-campbell.aspx>
  *   October 27, 6:30 pm, Central Library: Fred Bueltmann "The Beervangelist"<http://www.kpl.gov/booktoberfest/beervangelist.aspx>
  *   November 5, 6:30 pm, Central Library: Jacqueline Woodson<http://www.kpl.gov/youth-literature-seminar/meet-the-author.aspx>
  *   November 6, 9 am - 3:30 pm, The Fetzer Center, WMU: Jason Reynolds<http://www.kpl.gov/youth-literature-seminar/>
  *   November 10, 5:30 pm, Powell Branch Library: Yolanda Neals<http://www.kpl.gov/authors/yolanda-neals.aspx>

We are excited to bring these outstanding authors to Kalamazoo, and we hope you enjoy this fall's Author Season!

For more information, author headshots and book cover images, contact:
Farrell Howe
Marketing & Communications Manager
Kalamazoo Public Library
269-553-7879 | www.kpl.gov<http://www.kpl.gov/>