[Michlib-l] Library Director Search Firms/Headhunters

John Rucker ruckerj at branchdistrictlibrary.org
Tue Sep 22 09:55:15 EDT 2015

Our library board is looking into hiring a search firm to fill our director vacancy. They have asked for quotes from 6 search firms. 1 responded with a quote, 2 declined taking new clients at this time, and 3 simply haven’t responded.

1 quote is not enough to base a decision on, so we were wondering if any libraries out there who have employed search firms for a director position in the pat would be willing to share how much that cost so we can have a better idea as to where this quote lies on the price spectrum.

Thanks very much,

John

John Rucker
Asst. Director/Systems Administrator