[Michlib-l] Larry Martin’s WWII: In Their Own Words

Smith, Donna smithdm at myjdl.com
Tue Sep 22 14:02:24 EDT 2015

Larry Martin’s WWII: In Their Own Words
Saturday, Oct. 3 at 10 a.m.

Larry Martin returns to bring our nation’s history to the present and foster an appreciation for the hardships endured by our veterans.

This installment of the series, hosted at the First United Methodist Church (275 W. Michigan Avenue), features Bill Rappley. He was an Infantryman in the 9th Infantry Division and started fighting in the Harz Mountains in 1945. He was also at the meeting with the Russians at the Elbe River. He witnessed the transfer of two German soldiers to the Russians who immediately shot the Germans and felt that the American officer who turned the Germans over to the Russians should have been court-martialed.  Rappley will be present at the program to answer any questions about his experience.

Martin will also have a collection of World War II memorabilia on display. This presentation is free and open to the public. Martin can be reached at batt.chief at yahoo.com<mailto:batt.chief at yahoo.com> and more information can be found on his website: LMWW2.com

This presentation is sponsored by Jackson District Library.

Donna

Donna Smith
Marketing Officer

[JDL Logo CMYK for print 300dpi small]