[Michlib-l] IPads vs. AWE computers

Karen Knox kknox at orionlibrary.org
Tue Sep 29 15:13:13 EDT 2015

Hi Patty,

It depends what you’re wanting to accomplish. For early literacy (up to age 5 or so), I think the AWE computers work best. We set ours up with a bench that accommodates 2 people to encourage parents/caregivers to work with the young children at those computers. Then we also have an iPad bar for our older children, geared more for ages 6-12, and those are very popular with that age group. We have preloaded them with many apps that the kids really enjoy.

So that might not help you, but we have both for different audiences of kids. This works well for our community.

Karen Knox
Director
Orion Township Public Library
825 Joslyn Road