[Michlib-l] Go Deep With MAP

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Apr 12 10:10:03 EDT 2016

All,

As some of you may know, my family's origins are in the Upper Peninsula (Finland prior, but that's another story). Yes, they were Yoopers :) Alas, I was born a troll :( When we would go "home" to visit family in the summer, we rode around in their AMC cars (anyone remember those?) and watched on television (or more often listened to on the radio), the Milwaukee Brewers (remember, this was the far western/northern U.P.). In the Fall our relatives looked forward to the start of football season or more precisely, the start of the Green Bay Packers football season. We would watch or listen to Bart Starr (anyone remember him?) "go deep," often against a team that in those years was based in Detroit, then Pontiac, and now Detroit again.

AMC is long gone, although their Jeep lives on. I believe Bart Starr is still around, although he has to be getting up there. And thanks to the Michigan Activity Pass, between Memorial Day and October 15 your patrons can "go deep" with the newest MAP partner venue, Iron Mountain Iron Mine in Vulcan http://ironmountainironmine.wix.com/ironmine Following your tour, buy a pasty to eat and and a souvenir mineral to take home.

Special thanks to Megan Buck, Director, Dickinson County Library in Iron Mountain for doing the heavy lifting to get Iron Mountain Iron Mine (and a number of other destinations in her service area) signed up for MAP.

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager