[Michlib-l] Computer Problems

Kayla Hampton HamptonK at lawtonmi.gov
Wed Apr 13 10:31:22 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone!

Our library has been experiencing several computer problems lately (virus protection popups, patrons log on to find a blank screen they cannot get past, printer issues that are "solved" only to not work again the next day,  and so on). Our library board and I wanted to reach out and see what kind of systems and procedures other libraries use to keep their computers running smoothly. The library is a client of our county's IT department, so we do have access to people who can help us solve these problems, but it seems that I am contacting them on an almost-daily basis with either a new or repeating issue. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kayla Hampton
Lawton Public Library
Director