[Michlib-l] MeL Minute - InfoTrac changes

Borrelli, Eunice (MDE) BorrelliE at michigan.gov
Thu Apr 14 14:38:18 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Gale Cengage Learning<http://www.cengage.com/search/showresults.do?N=197>, provider of several MeL databases<http://mel.org/databases>, recently posted information on their blog about changes beginning in April to the InfoTrac database products.  They will be retiring the "My Account" feature in InfoTrac products including PowerSearch and encourage users to save documents to a Google account. The retirement of the Gale "My Account" feature will take effect in two stages to ease the transition beginning April 28, 2016 until Summer 2016 when the feature will be fully retired. Affected MeL databases include: Academic OneFile, General OneFile, Health Reference Center Academic, InfoTrac Newstand, InfoTrac Student Edition, LegalTrac, and Informe Acad?mico. Read the complete blog post here for full details and list of all affected products: http://blog.gale.com/product-update-for-infotrac-products/  Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.

MeL Minutes are brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for next week's MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs, email us at contact at mel.org<mailto:contact at mel.org> or visit mel.org<http://mel.org/>.  We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your public service colleagues.

Eunice

Eunice C. Borrelli
Michigan eLibrary Internet Librarian
Library of Michigan/Michigan Dept. of Education
517-241-4996
[Follow MeL on Twitter]<https://twitter.com/meldotorg>  [MeL - Michigan eLibrary Logo] <http://mel.org/>   [Like MeL on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/mel.org>
[Description: Description: cid:image001.jpg at 01CBED4E.B36258B0]Each April, Michigan celebrates the Month of the Young Child. Go to www.miaeyc.org<http://www.miaeyc.org> to learn more.