[Michlib-l] Basic Computer Classes

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Tue Apr 19 17:05:36 EDT 2016

Hi Diane -

Below are some good places to start with resources you can adapt for your own community as you start to offer computer basics for your patrons.

*         WebJunction provides several links to resources and webinars from other libraries and organizations so you don't have to reinvent the wheel - http://www.webjunction.org/explore-topics/computer-internet-basics.html

*         DigitalLearn.og has courses users can do online as well as resources for trainers.  www.digitallearn.org<http://www.digitallearn.org>

*         Denver Public Library has a lot of tech class resources posted online and invite others to use or tweak them as well - https://www.denverlibrary.org/ctc-classes

*         Digital Literacy Teaching Tools - find links to tools/ tutorials on a wide variety of topics. http://www.digitalliteracy.gov/content/educator. This site is for all educators who teach all levels.

*         Tech Training for the Public from the Colorado Virtual Library has materials, lesson plans, outlines, handouts and more you can use - http://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/tech-training-public/

Shannon

Shannon White
Director of Statewide Library Services
Library of Michigan