[Michlib-l] FW: Collection Question

Meredith Sommers msommers at baylisslibrary.org
Tue Apr 19 10:28:06 EDT 2016

We have it. I just skimmed through it, and thought it was a pretty engaging story that leaves plenty of room for discussion with older kids - there are The Bad Guys (who use the n-word), but there’s also a fairly nuanced portrait of white people in a Civil Rights era small town. They’re not all brave and good, but not all purely evil racists … I think it  could be a really useful read along with older kids who aren’t quite YA age yet.

That said, I’m really interested to hear others’ opinions.

Meredith Sommers, MLIS

Reference Librarian

Bayliss Public Library

Superior District Library